The Purpose of the SGA
The SGA shall serve as the supreme governing body of the undergraduate student population. The general purpose of the SGA shall be to:
- Provide for the broad involvement and effective representation of all undergraduate students.
- Promote communication and relationships between the administration, students, faculty, alumni and surrounding community.
- Advocate for the advancement, general freedom and welfare of the student body.
- Guarantee an active and intimate student voice in student and university decisions.
- Manage funds derived from the student activity fee to sponsor events that promote the intellectual, cultural, political and social development of the student population.
- Serve as a mechanism whereby student may properly discuss opinions, views, and aspirations with the expectation that they will be acted upon in the appropriate manner.
- Preserve ideals and traditions in order to promote school spirit, encourage school pride and motivate the improvement of the campus.
- Work to defend and preserve the rights and privileges of student.
- Execute to the fullest extent the authority, responsibilities and duties thus entrusted.
- Engage in all necessary steps to protect the welfare of the student body.
President: Latasha Coleman
Phone: (410) 951-1244
Vice President: Rodrick Johnson
Phone: (410) 951-1242
Treasurer: TaiReka Robinson
Phone: (410) 951-1243
Secretary: Teaira James
Phone: (410) 951-123
Clubs/organizations elect two senators to sit on the SGA who have voting power.
CommitteesThe committees within the SGA are:
- The Executive Committee
- The Elections Committee
- Finance Committee
- Committee on Clubs/Organizations
- The Rules Committee
Contact (410) 951-1240 for any further questions.