RECREATION CENTER PROGRAM AREAS
The Health & Human Performance Wellness Center is comprised of four main program areas; Drop-in Recreation, Intramural Sports, Aquatic Programs and Fitness Programs.
Aquatic - offers lap and recreational swim, Learn-to-swim program, aquatic fitness classes, and youth and master’s swim programs.
Fitness - offers group fitness classes, fitness incentive and specialty programs, and personal training and health assessments.
Intramural Sports - offers opportunities to participate in individual and team sport leagues, tournaments and special events.
Operations - offers students, faculty and staff member’s services such as towel, locker, pro shop and equipment check-out.
- Aquatic Center: NCAA Competitive 8 lane, 25-yard swim course, shallow lane, wet classroom.
- 4,000 square foot Fitness Center: Treadmills, bikes, elliptical, stair climbers, free weights, selectorised weight circuit and stretching area.
- 2-Court Gymnasium: Used for Intramural sports and informal recreation.
- Two Racquetball Courts: These glass walled courts are designed for heavy use and have professional playing characteristics.
- Equipment Room: Available to all members with a valid Coppin ID or membership card. General recreation equipment check-out, locker and towel service.
- Locker Rooms: Spacious locker rooms with showers, lockers, restroom facilities, suit-drying machine. Day use lockers are available at no additional charge. Locker rentals are also available through Member Services.
- Family Changing Room: Located next to the pool and includes showers, lockers and restroom facilities
- Office Suite: Located on the upper level of the PEC building, this office houses the Health and Human Performance faculty and staff
- Classrooms: A high tech classroom that has computer access, as well as a projector, screen, DVD and VCR.
- Conference Room: Located on the upper level of the PEC Building, this professional Conference Room has large white boards as well as a bulletin board.
The CSU Wellness Center offers State of the Art cardiovascular and strength training equipment by Life Fitness.