IMPORTANT: If you are concerned about your own or another person's immediate safety, please call Campus Police at (410) 951-3900, or dial 911.
IF YOU ARE A STUDENT IN CRISISDuring Regular Office Hours (MF 8:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m.)
- Call the CCSD at (410) 951-3939, or walk-in
- Tell the receptionist that you are in crisis and need to see someone as soon as possible
- Call Campus Police at (410) 951-3900, or
- Dial 911
- Unable to stop crying
- Thoughts of hurting yourself
- Thoughts of hurting other people
- Have not eaten in a few days (not due to illness)
- Have not slept in a few days (not due to illness)
- Unable to go to classes (not due to illness)
- Recent victim of sexual assault
- Ask for help
- Don't make hasty decisions
- Don't isolate yourself
- Talk to family and friends
- Avoid alcohol and drugs
- Keep regular meal/sleep time
- Be patient with yourself
- Remember to breathe deeply
24-Hour Crisis Lines
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: A 24-hour suicide prevention service available to anyone in suicidal crisis.
Phone: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- Baltimore Crisis Response: A 24-hour
hotline service that includes mental health crisis intervention, suicide
crisis intervention, shelter assistance and adolescence crisis
- Turnaround: A private nonprofit
organization dedicated to serving victims of rape, child sexual assault,
domestic violence, and adult survivors of child sexual abuse.
24-hour hotline: 410-828-6390
- The House of Ruth Maryland: One of the
nation's leading domestic violence centers, helping thousands of
battered women and their children find the safety and security that so
many of us take for granted.
24-hour hotline: 410-889-RUTH (7884)
IF YOU ARE CONCERNED ABOUT A STUDENT
Faculty, staff, and parents can be very helpful in helping a student in distress to access counseling services. The CCSD offers consultation assistance to concerned parents, faculty, staff, and other students who have concerns about a student. Also, the CCSD is available to meet with groups of faculty, staff, and students who have been affected by a crisis that has occurred on or near campus. To request this service, please contact us at 410-951-3939.