Welcome to the Career Services Center. The On-Campus Recruitment (OCR) program provides the opportunity for employers to interview highly-qualified students and recent graduates on Coppin State's campus. OCR is also a wonderful networking system to promote internships, focus on specific majors, and target opportunities in geographic regions. The Career Services Center will schedule, arrange and inform the students and faculty of your campus visit. This program is one of a variety of programs and services that is offered by The Center.
Employers are invited to use all or any of the following means to recruit students for opportunities with their organization.
- On-Campus Interviews
Interview dates for the fall semester should be scheduled between the third week of October and the first week of December and between the second week of February and the second week of May for the spring semester. Specific dates can be obtained by calling the Career Service Center. Interview appointments will be made available to all interested students who are authorized to work in the United States regardless of citizenship status, unless United States citizenship is legally required by the hiring agency.
- Information/Recruitment Table
Employers may set-up information or recruitment tables in the lobby of the Tawes College Center. Job applications can also be provided to students if the employer is actively recruiting to fill immediate openings.
- Informational Presentation
Employers have the option of scheduling an informational presentation prior to their on-campus recruitment visit. This will give the representative an opportunity to promote the organization and answer any questions students may have. Typically information sessions are held during the evening, 5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m., before the recruitment date. However, they can be scheduled earlier in the day and up to a week in advance of the recruitment visit.
We are using eRecruiting, a web-based system for posting jobs and internships as well as campus interview signups. Once your company/organization information and job/internship specifications are received, students can view your company and position information on our site and respond accordingly.
As an alternative to eRecruiting, employers can send announcements for full-time, part-time, summer, and internship positions to our mailbox at CareerServices@coppin.edu or fax them to (410) 951-3920.
- Career Exploration Day, our annual career fair held in October, is an event for prospective employer and student to meet. Employers market their organizations and recruit students and alums for immediate or future vacancies, while graduate/professional schools recruit for their post-baccalaureate programs.
- Spring Job Fair, held the second week in March, provides employers the opportunity for employers to actively recruit for full-time, part-time or summer jobs and internships.
- Teacher Recruitment Day, which is held in April give school systems the opportunity to conduct one-on-one interviews with graduating education majors.
Career Preparation Workshops
Employers are invited to conduct workshops on Resume Writing, Interviewing Skills, Job Opportunities for selected majors, and Networking. Additionally, they are requested to critique resumes and conduct mock interviews.