How to Apply
To become a McNair Scholar, an applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident or must show Immigration and Naturalization Service documentation of intention to become a permanent resident
- Must be classified as a Coppin State University junior or senior
- Must be a currently enrolled degree-seeking student
- Must have declared a major
- Must possess a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
- Must possess a minimum overall average of 3.25 in the applicants major field of study
- Must successfully complete an interview
- Must obtain three recommendations, two of your recommendations must be prepared by Coppin State University faculty members.
Preference is given to low-income, first-generation students.