The Coppin Heights Community Development Corporation (CHCDC) is a 501 (c) (3) not-for-profit organization established in 1995 by Coppin State University to advance the broader community improvement/neighborhood revitalization agenda for the Greater Coppin Heights/Rosemont Community.
The mission of CHCDC is to be a catalyst for suitable and affordable housing for low to moderate income residents and to stimulate economic development within neighborhoods immediately adjacent to CSU through the establishment of social, economic, educational and affordable housing development initiatives that collectively increase the stability and sustainability of our community.
We will do this by:
- Coordinating partnerships between Coppin Heights Community Development Corporation, Coppin State University, government agencies, elected officials, public schools, social and community service organizations, businesses, and residents to ensure a community collaborative approach to meeting the needs of residents in the Greater Coppin Heights/Rosemont community.
- Developing and improving affordable housing in the Greater Coppin Heights/Rosemont community.
- Fostering economic and business development initiatives serving the needs of low to moderate income and otherwise disadvantaged Greater Coppin Heights/Rosemont residents.
- Strengthening existing partnerships
between Coppin State University and the broader community through
coordination of the Greater Coppin
Heights/Rosemont Alliance Steering Committee (Alliance), a
collaborative established by the CHCDC to
hear, consider, and make wise decisions around issues that fall within
the following resident-identified priority
- Slum and blight removal
- Community safety
- Elimination of known health and educational disparities
- Promoting community awareness of events and issues important to the wellbeing of Greater Coppin Heights/Rosemont residents.