Lab Use Policies
The IT Policies and Procedures for the ITD computer labs are to be adhered to by all students using the facilities. These policies were created to ensure the longevity of the computers and other resources within the labs. Please be advised that Lab Assistants will routinely inspect the labs to enforce the policies and failure to follow these policies may result in revoke of lab privileges.
Thank You In Advance For Your Cooperation!!!
- Information Technology Division
- NO Eating, Drinking, or Children allowed in the computer labs.
- All users must Sign-In upon entering, Sign-Out before leaving the lab.
- QUIET Please! Scholars at work. Thank you for respecting your colleagues
- Save files/data on your H: Drive or on a "clean" diskette. Do NOT save on the hard drive. Be careful of loading viruses on the computer.
- Do NOT install, change, alter, or modify hardware or software without permission from IT Management.
- Lab Assistants are on duty to assist with simple application questions, NOT to provide tutorial services or complete assignments.
- Users must obey the CSU StudentsComputer Use and Internet Access Policy. The Internet should be used for educational purposes only, NOT to view, download, or print from pornographic sites or access chat groups.
- There will be a 10-MINUTE time limit on the use of the computers for non-university related usage during peak hours. (9:00 am to 4:00 pm Mon- Fri) A ONE-HOUR time limit will be enforced when students are waiting to use a computer.
- Please keep printouts to a minimum. Refrain from printing non-university related information.
- Please begin logging off the computer at least 15 minutes prior to the closing of the lab.
- Maintain a clean neat environment. Straighten the chairs and equipment. Discard unwanted papers and materials.
Computer Labs Reservation
The Information Technology Division currently manages multiple computer labs and classrooms that are available for use by faculty, staff, and students.
LL-09 and GJ-306 are computerized classrooms that will be reserved for semester long classes first. Available hours thereafter may be requested for short-term reservations.