Coppin is committed to high-quality academic programs, as evidenced by its continued commitment to maintaining accreditations. All national and specialized accreditations are supported by the Office of Planning and Assessment (OPA). The Office of Planning and Assessment, which reports directly to the President, is comprised of the Office of Institutional Research and the Center for Institutional Assessment all of which provide data analysis, long term planning, assessment activities and technical assistance university wide. The following list below represents CSU's comprehensive accrediting affiliations by school and program, and demonstrate evidence of ongoing institutional efficiency and effectiveness through comprehensive strategic planning and ongoing comprehensive assessment. Please click on the various links to read more about requirements of accreditation by agency.
- Coppin State University is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
- Coppin State University Middle States Accreditation.
- The School of Education: undergraduate and graduate programs in Teacher Education are accredited by the National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education and the Maryland State Department of Education.
- The School of Nursing: is accredited by the Maryland Board of Nursing, National League for Nursing Accrediting Committee (NLNAC) and Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
- The School of Professional Studies: undergraduate and graduate programs are accredited by the Social Work Program is accredited by the National Council on Social Work Education and the Rehabilitation Counselor Education Program is accredited by the Council on Rehabilitation Education.
- Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education - http://www.cahiim.org/
The following are PDF Documents. Download the free reader from the Adobe Website.