Math and Computer Science
The Department of Mathematics and Computer Science offers majors and minors in both Mathematics and Computer Science. We are proud that our graduates have gone on to highly satisfying careers in business, government, and education.
The Mathematics major is intended to prepare students for any of the following:
- employment in business, government, or industry;
- the study of Mathematics on the graduate level;
- teaching Mathematics at the secondary level;
- study in subject areas requiring a strong Mathematics background, such as chemistry, economics, engineering, operations research, and actuarial science.
The Computer Science major is intended to provide students with the knowledge, aptitudes, and skills required for:
- successful employment in computer-related fields, and
- for the study of Computer Science on the graduate level.
The Chairperson of the Mathematics and Computer Science department is Dr. Sean Brooks.