There are several special initiatives that donors can support. These types of funding opportunities help to raise our profile, give our students exposure and set us apart from other higher education institutions. Here are a few of our premier giving programs:
- Enhancer Program
- Foundation Merit Scholars Program
- Fanny Jackson Coppin Legacy Society for Planned Giving
Enhancers are individuals who are committed to improving the quality of the academic programs at Coppin and give at least $1000 to the Academic Program Enhancement Fund of their choice. Through involvement and financial support, Enhancers supply faculty the boost they need to provide a margin of excellence to their programs. Enhancement Funds are dedicated to improving academic programs over and above their operational budgets.
Examples of how Enhancement Funds could be used include:
- Bringing lecturers to the School of Nursing to present research and the latest findings shaping the discipline of Nursing.
- Enabling the College of Business to innovatively invest in its new initiatives through scholarships, faculty research opportunities, and the design and implementation of new curricular and co-curricular programs.
- Supporting faculty and student applied research activities in the Mathematics Department such as student research assistants, equipment, travel and other items needed for the production and dissemination of findings.
Whether your passion is Mathematics, the Arts-or anything in between- being an Enhancer means supporting academic excellence at Coppin.
Foundation Merit Scholars Program
Established in 2012, the Foundation Merit Scholars Program promises to make the Coppin experience more desirable to students who have demonstrated academic success. Through generous donations from alumni, friends, and employees, Foundation Merit scholarships are among the most prestigious offered by the University. Contributions to the Foundation Merit Scholars Program are an investment in the long-term success of our brightest stars.
Foundation Merit Scholarships are awarded to entering freshman with a high school grade point average of 3.0 or better. Awards are renewed annually for recipients that remain enrolled full-time with at least a 3.0 grade point average. Each scholarship is named after its donor and is fully endowed at $50,000. Donors are honored by having their photographs hung in a place of distinction on campus and are invited to the annual Foundation Merit Scholars award dinner.
For a limited time, the Coppin State University Development is providing a 1:1 match for pledges of $25,000. This will allow donors to fully endow their Merit scholarship funds with a gift of $25,000.
Fanny Jackson Coppin Legacy Society for Planned Giving
Created to honor our namesake, the Fanny Jackson Coppin Legacy Society is reserved for benefactors who have provided for Coppin's future through bequests, life income gifts and other estate and planned gifts. Members not only have the satisfaction of knowing that they have helped ensure the long-term success of the University, but they also receive financial and tax advantages as a result. Gifts given by members of the Fanny Jackson Coppin Legacy Society keep giving for decades and are the ultimate expression of confidence in the mission of Coppin State University.
We are pleased to include individuals who provide support for Coppin in one of the following ways:
- A bequest to Coppin through a will or trust
- A gift of real estate or tangible personal property
- Name Coppin as owner and/or beneficiary of a life insurance policy
- Establish a gift with Coppin that provides income to you or others such as a charitable gift annuity or charitable trust
- Name Coppin as a beneficiary of an IRA, 401(k), 403(b) or other retirement plan.